According to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, it had received the complete disclosure from the Syrian government regarding its chemical weapons programme and that the technical secretariat was reviewing the information received.
Syria’s compliance to the US-Russia brokered deal that it destroy its chemical weapons by mid-2014 does not make a difference to the west’s stand against its government. Evidence from UN weapons inspectors show great evidence that the Syrian government used their chemical weapons against their own people on Aug 22, which killed 1,400 lives including children.
The outrage and intensity of the Syrian chemical attack urged the US and western countries to mount an attack. However, Russia proposed that Syria submit and destroy all its chemical weapons instead.
The chemical attack was condemned as a war crime by the international community. However, Russia is still “irritated” with the western countries, who had already made up their mind that Syrian President Bashar al- Assad was behind the chemical attack despite lack of evidence.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov have said that the US was planning to sabotage the arms deal to make an excuse to use military force to take down the government and spare the opposition of any crime they could have committed.
Aside from the escalating divide in the G20 summit circulating on a Syrian military strike, Israel tests a US-backed missile over the Mediterranean Sea on Tuesday. The “Sparrow” missile was detected and was shot down by an interceptor after a warplane launched the missile on schedule.
Many countries were surprised by the Israeli missile test that took place 9:15 am locally. Russia was alarmed as Moscow detected the launch of the missiles by surprise.
The Sparrow missile is used for target practice for Israel’s ballistic shield Arrow, which they have used during the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict. The missile system was a deterrent that minimized the artillery landing on Israel soil.
The Pentagon denied the Russian report, then confirmed the missile launch yet it denied any involvement in the attack. The Pentagon Press Secretary George Little then confirmed the test through an official statement, which called it a “US-Israel Missile Defense Test”, which was already planned long ago to help evaluate the Arrow Ballistic missile Defense system’s ability.
Israel’s Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon did not answer a question regarding the “wrong timing” of missile’s launch. He expressed that regardless of current events, Israel had to maintain its military edge and defences. He said that the defence system worked properly and it was a successful trial.